Friday, March 14, 2014

Geometry Unit Vocabulary Knowledge Scale

Students need multiple opportunities for exposure to new vocabulary terms in order to remember and apply the words appropriately. I found this knowledge scale to be an effective way to engage students through multiple ways of looking at the words.  


Vocabulary Knowledge Scale

Word
I have never seen or heard the word, but I don’t know what it means
I have seen or heard the word but I don’t know what it means
I think I know what it means
I know the definition of the word
I can use the word in a sentence or in math class
Brainstorm
Meaning/
Example/
Illustration
Vertex








Composite Figure








Parallel







Perpendicular







Skew







Vertical Angles







Adjacent Angles







Straight Angles







Complimentary Angles







Supplementary Angles







Area







Circumference







No comments:

Post a Comment